Facility Guidelines For Minor Hockey
PARKING AND FACILITY ENTRY
• From the Alberta Return to Sport Guidelines, to promote physical distancing, facilities should develop procedures that allow for uncongested drop off and pick of participants (eg. Dedicated entrances and exits for incoming and outgoing sports teams); and the facility ability to create safe spaces between groups of people and minimize cohort and public interaction; designated facility entry points have been assigned.
• The Main Entrance of the facility will be for users accessing the Field house, Weight room, Fitness Classes and Walking Track.
• The North Entrance will be for Ice Users using Arena Dressing Rooms #7 and #10 and Training Rooms #1 and #2.
• The South Entrance will be for Ice User using Arena Dressing Rooms #11, #12, #13 and #14.
****Dressing room information is on ice schedule under notes.
• For pedestrian safety, the south laneway by the track will be designated foot traffic only and will be closed to vehicle traffic.
• Please access the facility at assigned entrance. The coach is to meet players at entrance and are to proceed directly to assigned dressing room.
• Participants will have 30 minutes prior to ice booking and must exit the facility no more than 30 minutes after their booking time has concluded. Please come dressed and ready to play as much as possible.
• Individuals identified in the cohort are only permitted in the facility.
• Hand sanitizer is available upon entry and in various locations throughout the facility.
• Dressing rooms will have a maximum of 8 players per dressing room.
• No showers are available.
• Encourage ice users to come dressed and bring duffel bag with skates, water bottle and tape only into the dressing room.
• AS of Sept 25, spectators are allowed to a maximum of 100. Spectators must adhere to physical distancing guidelines and use marked areas only. No loitering in lobby, must exit building immediately and use same doors as the ice user group they are with. Spectators are not allowed in participant areas.
• No spitting, yelling/screaming or hand shakes permitted in the facility.
• No congregating within the facility hallways or lobby areas.
• Social distancing will be maintained at all times off ice (including benches), with the exception of entering and exiting the ice.
• Cohort restrictions will be maintained as per Alberta Guidelines. Sport teams will play in a cohort of up to 50 individuals (includes all players, coaches, manager and referees).
• All water bottles should be labelled.
• Pre-screening symptoms checklists must be completed upon entering facility.
***WDMHA CHECKLIST - Please print and bring a completed copy to each session until cohort TEAMSNAP online check-in is set up***
• Anyone experiencing symptoms is to stay at home.
• Each Association/rental must complete participant tracing requirements as per Alberta Guidelines.
• If a participant showcases any symptom at the facility, the Rapid Response Plan will be implemented. The individual must exit at the northeast corner door of the ice surface. Please refer to the Rapid Response Plan at end of facility maps for more information. Both individual with symptoms and person assisting must wear masks and wait for parent/guardian pick up immediately.
Please take time to read through the Westlock Rotary Spirit Centre Facility Guidelines for more information. CURRENT AS OF SEPT 23, 2020